Métis Scholar Awards
Awarded to a full-time student in any NorQuest College Career program.
• Financial need
• Academic standing of 64%/C/2.0 or higher
• A personal letter from applicant describing educational goals and career objectives
• Canadian Citizen and an Alberta resident
• Not a registered or treaty Indian
• Not receiving a Rupertsland Institute (RLI) Métis Training to Employment sponsorship
• Métis heritage (a copy of proof of Métis status must be submitted with application: [photocopy of MNA membership card, or a membership card in any of the following organizations: Métis settlements of Alberta, Métis Nation of Ontario, Métis Nation-Saskatchewan, Métis Nation BC or Manitoba Métis Federation card; photocopy of parent(s)/grandparent(s), aunts/uncles or siblings membership card in any of the above named Métis organization; or Genealogy proving Métis ancestry
NOTE: Students are only eligible to receive the Métis Scholar Award once per Academic year.